Quantcast

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wear 58: Random Spillings of the Think-Box

Is this a fashion blog? It has clothing, or, even, outfits. But they're not really fashionable. Are they? It doesn't discuss fashion except, a couple of times, as a concept. It doesn't talk beauty or trends or designers or weeks associated with Fashion with a capital 'F'. So what is it? It channels into something creative in my brain. Something to do with beautiful things maybe. And it forces me to think about what I am wearing everyday. It forces me to utilise all the things that are in my wardrobe. It pushes me over comfort barriers. I think all of these things are good for me. I think. It makes me write everyday. And come up with something to write about everyday. But what is it?

List_Addict               Irene

I cannot stop thinking about food today. I am starving. Starving. Looking at Pinterest does not help one little bit. I have two questions about all the stunning looking cakes and cupcakes on there: are they meant to be inspiration for the Everyman's foray into his or her own cake-making (because they look like you need a PhD in fondant to replicate anything similar), and, do they actually taste as good as they look. I am thinking the taste may be an anticlimax. At the minute though, I would probably just keep eating anyway.


The Outfit
Dress: Retail, a million years ago, for a Travel Industry Ball
Cardigan: Op-shopped
Necklace: Cheap and Cheerful
Shoes: Irregular Choice 'I'm in Vegas'

Photographer de Jour: B——

Who wore it better?

Getting linky today with:

pleated poppy




>

>

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! And thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Outfit posting is also about presenting a positive side of ourselves. Thanks so much for linking up with WW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. You're right - and I love how blogs show real people in the fashion circle of life rather than just the official media portrayal. It is a good voice for everyone to have!

      Delete
  3. Eating lovely food is one of Life's pleasures, we should not be made to feel guilty about this. My guilt lasts until my next sumptuous meal.
    Eat, drink and be merry. Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of all that fabulous food we have coming in a few short days!!!!!! Yummmmmmmmm. Maybe that is why I am so hungry.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!