Quantcast

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 177: Don't Talk Politics

I promised you a rant. And a rant you shall have. Australians, you are suprisingly stupid, mysogynistic, bigoted and backward. Too harsh? I'm not going to apologise. This post is my opinion on a plate. Take it or leave it. Of course, exceptions, rules, all that sort of thing. But on this day when politics forces itself into my head unwanted, I have to say I am ashamed to be Australian. Regardless of your political bent, doesn't any civilised society recognise the landmark achievement it is to become a country's first female Prime Minister or whatever style of head of State you have. This is no mean feat. Anyone who thinks equality exists is deluded. And yes, politicians, to throw some more generalisation around, tell lies and spin spin and don't always do what they say they are going to. Name me one who didn't or doesn't. I dare you. She may have made mistakes, but all I can say is, Julia Gillard, I admire you. You never showed an impatience or anger (the Misogynist Speech excepted) against the morons whose only, real, deep down criticism of you, clouded as they all were in bulls#!^ rhetoric, was that you were a woman. You were always the eloquent one, no ums and ahs, and for the most part you actually gave an answer. Sorry (and I will apologise for this) to fling dirt the other way, but I don't ever recall a non-staccato, actually addressing the question, response from Abbott. And if you need further ammunition regarding our national stupidity, again without political conviction, just personal, take a good hard look at this person who is the two party preferred Prime Minister. People! What the hell are you thinking. Just google the Misogynist Speech again and have a good hard think about this. I just did, and it made me cry.

List_Addict               Irene

Can you give me a male equivalent of a leader of nations whose media criticism focused so often on what they wore, on what they did in her personal time (the knitting fiasco this last week or so for example), on the sexuality and preferences of life partners and on the implicit 'right-ing' of derogatory and outrageous statements and comments made about her that media frenzy allows? Shame Australia, shame political opponents (on both sides of the bench), shame media, shame all who used her womenhood as a measure for her worth. my actual political stand is a lifetime-back idealistic communist who avoids politics like she avoids doing her tax. But I'm all for voting for the person with the best policies regardless of what party they belong to. I can't even remember people talking about policy for months, if not years. (Doesn't help that I avoid the news of course.) It's always about negativity and criticism and blame. Politics makes me sick. There is no 'people' in politics. It's all about winning. I think politics lost even more credibility today. Shame. Julia, you'll be fine. In time you'll get more credit than ever you recieved in the last few years. I hope now you can move away from the spotlight that battered down on you and which you stood up against with grace, honour, amiability and intelligence. We will be a sadder nation without you. It's just such a shame that, in revealing our bigotry, we were a sad nation with you too.

P.S: Seems ironic to wear an apron and ball gown today.


The Outfit
Dress: Retail, can't recall where from
Cardigan: Op-shopped
Apron: Op-shopped
Necklace: Beadshop at Highpoint (Knifepoint)
Shoes: Irregular Choice


Photographer de Jour: Moi


Who wore it better?

Getting linky today with:

pleated poppy






>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!