Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day 215: Little Versions for List Addicts

I'm giving you two more days off book reviews. This being-behind business is making me all confused. I don't know what day it is. In real life it is Thursday, in blog life it is Saturday. And I forgot last week's Thursday list day so I am doing it today. And then tomorrow in blog life, that is Sunday, which may get done today or Friday, which is only a couple of hours away, is Social Sunday so it'll be Q&A day. Confused? Now you now how I feel. Anyway, Meet Me At Mikes 52 Lists list this week is a series of mini lists: Some of my Favourite Flowers; Messy Things I Like; and; Nice Sauces and Condiments.



Florals:

Love in a Mist: a tiny little thing with the most amazing details. You have to get in close to see them. It's like a fascinator at Royal Ascot.

Tropical hibiscuseseses, -ii (it is hard to stop adding -eses when referencing more than one hibiscus). I prefer the super frilly ones that hang upside upside down and have the most amazing latin name of hibiscus schizopetalus.

Daisies: either in white and yellow simplicity and summeriness, or in fluffy, crowned, curled or coloured manifestations. Newly learned fact: a daisy is a two-for-one. It's middle bit is made up of tiny flowers in itself.

Fuchsias: amazing colour, amazing flower. Again you have to get up close and personal to see it's micro engineering miraculousness. Who couldn't love a flower a hummingbird loves?

Those weird, white, square flowers: I have googled everything from boxy flower to unusual white square flower and I can't find what they are called, so short of actually changing out of my pyjamas and going to the florist, you'll just have to imagine these cute little origami like cubes of flowerness and take my word for their existence. Things exist outside of Google. They do.

List_Addict               Irene

Messes:

My house. I like to call it an eclectic mix of character and dust.

Nachos. Isn't it amazing how many lists can include nachos as a list item.

Love.

Hair. But that is because I am missing the gene associated with make-up and styling.

Op-shops/Thrift stores. They are inherently messy because the verbs associated with op-shopping are action verbs and disruptive verbs. Verbs like hunting and foraging, and sifting and eliminating.



Extra yumminess for food:

Pico de Gallo. Is there anything pico doesn't go with?

Mint Sauce, definitely. Yum.

French mustard, preferably a true Dijon.

For your hot chips or fries: mayonnaise.

Green Chile Sauce. Hoping to eat piles and piles of this, and learn the best recipes, in New Mexico later this year.

Aaw. Now I am salivating.


The Outfit
House Coat: Op-shopped
Scarf: Op-shopped
Socks: Target
Shoes: Gifted, Irregular Choice


Photographer de Jour: V——


Who wore it better?

Making friends today with:



pleated poppy


Lena B, Actually


2 comments:

  1. I stopped by craving humor and wordplay, and found it. Yay for hibiscuseses-ii, and the multiplicitousness of daisies. Maybe they both should be classed as schizopetaluses-ii's.

    Hooray for bright red house dresses and Target socks. There is something rather Olive Oylish about your outfit against the blue blue water and sky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! i love the house description..mines just plain ol' messy haha! love this retro dress.its wonderful! thanks for joining in passion for fashion, hope you'll join us again tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!