Quantcast

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 255: Breakfast Club

What are good things to have for breakfast? That is the question de jour (my jour) on Meet Me at Mikes' 52 Lists. Here is my answer:

The Slightly-Healthy Brunch Version:
Smashed (love that menu-word) avocado with lemon and goats cheese on sourdough, topped with a poached egg. Or, corn fritters with smashed avocado, beetroot relish, wasabi mayo and a bacon side. All with at least two lattes and good company.

The Culturally Aware Version:
Pho. Vietnamese broth with noodles, fresh herbs, lime, chili and topped with fine cut raw beef that cooks itself in the hot broth. Divineness in a bowl. Doesn't really go with coffee, but I don't do breakfast without, so go the Vietnamese option of coffee served with lots of condensed milk for the authentic immersion. I am physically drooling.

Irene               List_Addict

The Everyday:
Two Weetbix, soaked in milk until soft and then zapped for a minute in the microwave. Add a spoon of golden syrup. Yes, it is effectively baby food. But babies don't have at least two brewed white coffees with it, do they?

The Insanely-Bad-For-Me, Regression to Childhood Version:
At least two brewed white coffees with a plate of biscuits or cake. I am ashamed but sometimes this is what I have when I get up in the morning. Ironically it makes me hungry again in about forty-five minutes.

The Night-Shift Version:
Because night-shift warps all ideas of the nature of arbitrary time, the best types of post shift breakfast goes along this line: steak, chips, a fried egg, worchestshire sauce, and beer.

P.S: Went to breakfast after this post and they none of these options. Sorely disappointed!


The Outfit
Tag-in, Tag-out Project in play, with one item each day carried to the next
Shirt (which is a dress, Tag-out): Op-shopped
Skirt: Op-shopped (I'm tagging this out permanently; just can't seem to make it work in my favour—back to the op-shop)
Cuff (Tag-in): Op-shopped
Shoes: Irregular Choice 'Sparkly Cosmo'


Photographer de Jour: Moi


Who wore it better?

Putting a link on with:

pleated poppy


4 comments:

  1. I love the blouse.

    I'm hungry for the first version right now and it's 11 pm. Instead I'm eating 3 plain rice cakes. Not quite the same.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cruel to talk, write or read about yummy food when rice cakes is all you have. Avocado is the 'good oil' though - couldn't you have a little with them?

      Delete
  2. Just give me Pancakes, whipped Butter and Canadian Maple Syrup. This would be my Firing Squad last request.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure what I would have. I would maybe try to eat myself to death before I actually had to face the bullet. It least you wouldn't have to worry about that 'full' feeling for long. Or diabetes my love!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!