Quantcast

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 351: New; Two, Buckle My Shoe

That's right. Over the course of a mere two months I have managed to advance the shoe count from 'One' to 'Two'. I have also managed to get myself into grown-up debt by finally buying a house (see below), whisk away on a Thailand holiday, settle my house, help my interstate Dad sell the house I did live in, completely change my work schedule to night shifts only, work through Christmas and New Year, pack a house, move two houses, pay the first mortgage payment, and, finally, start the process of unpacking in my new, amazing, characterful, beautiful, peaceful and simply stunning home. (More about our new home soon.) It has been a little crazy!

Just because I haven't been writing them, though, does not mean I haven't been reading your blogs and it looks like everyone has been having a grand old silly season and are making great plans for 2015. My plans are simple: blog more, read more, knit more, make my house a haven, develop a green thumb, fit into all amazing clothes in (many, many) boxes I have just moved from one house to another and enjoy every moment of this new instant family we have made in the hills (borrowing the Eccentric Owl's idea of partner referencing, I refer here to Mr Earwig and our two fur babies).

Catelyn               List_Addict

A glimpse ...

Me, Mr Earwig and the threshold of Earwig House


I am looking forward to spending more time here at Fur Earwig! I miss the writing more than I thought. I don't miss the amount of time it takes to do photos. Today's photos introduce my avatar, Catelyn Covet (just made that up). She is wearing the closest equivalent of my outfit that I could find on Covet. (P.S: results from the Covet experiment are now live - check it out here. I was wrong.) I had to introduce Catelyn because my wardrobe has been disappearing into boxes and hard to access for dressing Irene up in. I'm not sure if I should leave Irene (and Catelyn) to moulder quietly in the night-shift bedroom (or cyber-space), or keep dragging her out numerous times a week to look better in my clothing. She is my perceived point of difference in a sea of fashion blogs. I also feel a tad self-conscious if it is 'all about me'. If I get rid of Irene I would have to up the ante on better photographs. What do you think? Is life worth blogging about without Irene?

But, about the shoes. Pair number two. Op-shopped/Thrift-stored. Lime green Scooters in near-pristine condition. I don't usually do shoes from second hand stores. I get feelings of ickiness if I think about it too much and trying to not to makes me obsessively think about it. I bought these in my 'shoe-making' phase. I was going to use the skills I had aquired, from a course I had done, to alter them. But, with their flick-flack comfort and kitten-heel cuteness, I ended up wearing them often and they remain unchanged. They are too much a staple to ever be removed from the collection. They are safely stored on the 'green' shelf of the new shoe-space in my new house space. Two.


The Outfit
T-Shirt: Roxy, Wet 'n Wild, Surfers Paradise
Jacket: Thrifted, USA
Skirt: Op-shopped
Shoes: Scooter

(Catelyn wears, in the same order, Cynthia Rowley, Black Orchid, SKOT and Madison Harding)


Photographer de Jour: V——


Getting linky today with:

pleated poppy






The Fabulous Kimba Likes' Wardrobe Wednesday!
(I just can't seem to get that button copied over?)


5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back in blog world. I like your plans for 2015, I always get hung up about doing something "important" like starting a business or a Ph.D, I like your list better.

    Ummmm ....

    Since you asked ....

    I don't really pay any attention to what Irene is wearing or spend any time considering whether she looks better in an outfit than you do, to the point that it didn't even register that Irene had been temporarily replaced until I read about it in the text. So, for me, your blog is already all about you and I like it just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous front door, and I adore the skirt. I think Irene was a cute idea but a new house might be a great idea to blog in a new style. Wave goodbye to Irene and focus more on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and you always looked better than Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to have you back! You have been a busy bee! Can't wait to see more of the new house. How exciting!

    I don't miss Irene. I missed you.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE YOU, OUR SPECIAL HOUSE AND BEING MR.EARWIG.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!