Quantcast

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day 358: Nine Sugar Shoes, No-Sugar Shoes

I'm quitting sugar. Yeah, yeah, very funny! Close those mock-shock mouths and get up from your soccer-style, fall-to-the-floor feints. I don't believe I can do it either. But I am going to try. I was going to start today. But I thought I would make banana bread at seven am and think about this properly instead. I need to be ready.


Ready Plan Item Number One:

Buy Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar.

Accomplished/Work in Progress/Failed



Ready Plan Item Number Two:

Throw out all the things in my cupboard house that contain sugar, or send them to work where Mr Earwig can keep a secret stash he shouldn't have, away from me and any knowledge I have of it.

Accomplished/Work in Progress/Failed



Ready Plan Item Number Three (Most Important One and The Real Reason For The Delay):

Taste for the last time those things which mean so much to me, that bring sunshine to my life, and that will never pass these lips again.

Here is the list:  
       
  • Darrell Lea's Peanut Brittle
  • Lime Milkshake
  • Picnic Bar
  • Coffee and Cake in a Cafe
  • Cinnamon Donut from the Vietnamese Bakery ✔️
  • Red Skins
  • An Exotically Flavoured Macaroon
  • Jaffa Cakes
  • Tunnock's Tea Cakes
  • Thai Food in a Thai Restaurant (apparently it's full of sugar!!)
  • Pancakes after Night Shift
  • Salted Caramel
  • Fake Sugary Swedish Cider


Accomplished/Work in Progress/Failed



The mission (and I do choose to accept it) is to have all this done to start the rest of my life sugar-free on the 12th September. Eek. But it will be fun in the mean time. I hope it means I will lose weight, because getting there will mean putting it on by the looks of it!

The Outfit
Dress: Target
Jacket: Op-shopped
Necklace: Junk Jewellery shop somewhere
Shoes: Irregular Choice Golden Harpy


Photographer de Jour: V——


  Getting linky today with:

 
pleated poppy


 




     
Kimba Likes


6 comments:

  1. I hope you do well Quitting Sugar. I love a maxi and hi top combo. Zoe xx

    *freshly posted aquirkybird.com – 10 Op Shop Tips To Help You Shop Like A Pro and a Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Well best of luck on that. You are like me, every time I try to limit my intake of something I suddenly become obsessed with it.

    Love those shoes...and the cool sculpture behind you.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, you look fantastic in your stripes and sneakers.
    As for the sugar thing, ouch!!! This is a commendable goal. I would do well to follow your lead. Maybe I can work myself up to it by quitting chips first. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute shoes! Nice to see you back over at Wardrobe Wednesday!

    I'm doing Sugar Free September with @liveitdoit (liveitdoit.com.au). I'm not convinced by the Sarah Wilson method - you need fruit, and she doesn't have qualifications.

    I have gone on a super duper anti inflammation diet - no dairy (allergic), no gluten, no wheat, no caffeine, no alcohol, no sugar - in conjunction with my naturopathic dietician. She gave me some supplements to support me through giving up sugar which made life a lot easier!

    Yesterday I was craving a milkshake - I got the organic cafe to whizz up natural vanilla extract and almond milk and then added Himalayan salt crystals when I got home. Et voila! Salted Caramel Shake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your sugar free diet! I know there are lots of great cook books to help you quit sugar, my sister has bought a few :) It is possible, just a change in habits :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are trying to give up anything, I can't recommend this book highly enough - it's called Right Weight, Right Mind, written by two Harvard psychologists, its the only behaviour change method that I have found that works.

    http://www.amazon.com/Right-Weight-Mind-Approach-Permanent-ebook/dp/B00J53GDCC

    Also, check out this video to give you a flavour of things - this is the first exercise in the book (btw, skip the first 48 seconds, it's just guff):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFYnVmGu9ZI

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!