Wear 368: Wear (17), Wander, Word

Seeing as days don't really apply anymore now that I don't, and haven't, blogged daily for a long time. And seeing as my three passions—what passes for fashion or maybe even style in the 'Wig world; the voracious consumption of other people's words and worlds; the desire and attempt to escape work for anywhere, a.n.y.w.h.e.r.e, else—may not be shared by all as a triptych. I have decided on a small change here at Fur Earwig! Wear, Wander, Word. From now on you can decide, simply by the title of the post, whether it is worth stopping by.


Wear: There will be clothes. And shoes. Definitely shoes. In fact I am currently counting, via blogposts, the number of shoes I have. This pair here is pair number seventeen. Called Flick Flack. Not quite 'white spats', definitely not 'lots of dollars'. They are from my once favourite and always go-to shop Irregular Choice. But I've changed. I love the pairs I have but I am open to what seem like very normal options now. Am I getting boring? Or old? I fancy these shoes, or these or these. Well, maybe not so boring.


'Wear' is for blogs where I try to work out what my style is. It will rarely speak about clothes or shoes. I'll often ramble on about other things like being happy, or my dying wishes, or feminism. But I promise it will not be about lists of books I am reading, have read, want to read, bought, borrowed, stole or wrote. Hardly ever. Unless it matters.

Word: Will. It will list, document and dream about all things wordy. Nerdy. I like books. I breathe books. If a day goes by where I don't read, I get tetchy. I read a lot of books at once. At the minute in which we are speaking, I am someway through fifty-five books. It keeps my brain active to have to remember what is happening in them all. It's usually not confusing. Although, at the moment, I have managed to be reading Jane Eyre and a reworking of Jane EyreThe Flight of Gemma Hardy—at the same time. I keep ahead of that conundrum with good pacing. Also, I am reading two books which talk about a bunch of boys at Cambridge University; books which try their hardest to meld themselves together in my brain—so far I am thwarting their efforts. I have elaborate systems for working out what to read next. As Mr Earwig says: Think of the movie Se7en—It would take two months, even with a team of fifty men, to get though these journals. Rude. I don't have small spidery writing. It's draftsmanlike. It makes perfect sense. If you think properly.

Awkwardest Pose Ever; Remember the Fitbit, Sure Did!

'Word' will be where you stop if you want to read a review about a book. Or to see what sort of book challenges there are about the web, and how badly I am doing on them. It will be where I practise being a Book Riot contributor while I work up the courage to actually apply. I'm also going to be the Melbourne Chapter of CoverSpy, covertly, until I courage up for that one too. Ironically, it's a website that links books and fashion. It speaks about what people are reading, and what those readers are wearing. With my up to eight hours a week on the train, my innate nosiness, and my passion for books and clothing, I think I am a perfect CoverSpy. [A Deeper Darkness by JT Ellison, F 40s, workout gear that doesn't co-ordinate, at all, Lilydale Train. Wait, that was me!]

Wander: Is for when I do. I like to wander. I don't have children or expensive bad habits or addictions to branded things or the latest tech. I like to spend my future nest egg on travelling now. I'm looking forward to being able to write only about the places I have been and maybe putting just lovely photos of there instead of incorporating or stressing about doing fashion shoots while I am away.


You won't have to wonder long about upcoming Wanders. We're off on holidays very soon. We're getting a last States journey in before or in case it becomes Trumpville and all desire to visit wanes. Spending three weeks in May. Flying into Chicago, driving the Mississippi, and flying out from New Orleans. Because I can't separate my three loves, I have already chosen three books to commemorate the trip: An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (set in Chicago and on a road trip towards Tennessee), Mississippi Mud by Edward Humes (which may not be on the itinerary, but contains the magic word), and, Cold Blood by Lynda La Plante (which double-whammies as a book towards two different reading challenges, and is set in New Orleans). And because I cannot separate my three loves, I am in the process of going through every item of clothing I have and getting rid of the broken and battered, passing on the passed or never-going-to-happens. The reason: so I can thrift my heart out while I am away, and have somewhere to put it all when I get back.

My hope is you, my friends and visitors and strangers, will be for you to be able to come over and just read what interests you. The challenge at this end will be how well I can differentiate between the three. Thanks for stopping by xx.

The Outfit
T-Shirt: Nice Boobies by Seth Kirkendall, Threadless
Cardigan: Op-shopped
Skirt: Op-shopped
Shoes: Flick Flack by Irregular Choice


Photographer de Jour: V——


Sharing the love with:

The fabulously quirky Sheela at Sheela Writes


The always stylish Lauren at Style Elixir


A world of creativity and design at Two Thirty-Five Designs


The unique and evolving Rachel at Rachel the Hat


The colourful eccentric Jennie at A Pocketful of Polka Dots


Comments

  1. Always love reading your blog - wearing, writing, wanderlust & otherwise. Particularly loving the bluefooted boobies!! Lol. Classic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love reading your blog - wearing, writing, wanderlust & otherwise. Particularly loving the bluefooted boobies!! Lol. Classic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of the brand Weir-FLR but I LOVE them!

    I love seeing you pop in.

    That'll be a fun trip through the States. No doubt you will score some amazing photos and thrift finds along the way.

    Love the idea of wear wonder and word.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great concept, wear word wander. I hope your upcoming wander to the States is full of wonderful things. I saw some Irregular Choice shoes in a thrift shop the other day and instantly thought of you! They were too small for me, which is a good or bad thing thinking of my storage problems.
    Oh, I love your balloon skirt too. Gaaa! It's heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun and colorful look! That bubble skirt is just the Cutest and looks fab with your shoes and that amazing tee. I also enjoy your Wear, Wander, Word concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Charlie!! You are, to me, the epitome of fabulous and quirky!! Imagine how my heart went pitter patter when I read how you described me :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!

Popular Posts