Wear 382: My Giddy Aunt!

Where did that go?

The whole year.

Inside.

And still this is the first time I've managed to get a blog done. I am petrified I have left all the things I was supposed to be doing during Lockdown too late. I haven't made Sourdough Bread. I certainly haven't lost lots of weight and developed an amazing Iso Body (quite the literal opposite). I haven't written books, I haven't written poetry. I haven't Summer, Autumn and now Spring cleaned my house. Every project is still undone. I'm actually not sure what I have done except be on track on my outlandish yearly reading goals and make a permanent dent in the couch.

How are you going? What is Iso like in your part of the World?


As Aussies are wont to do, we have contracted 'isolation' to 'iso' to describe the generic state of being in some sort of Government suggested or mandated home detention due to Covid-19. Here in Greater Melbourne and some associated other bits, we are currently in the last (hopefully?) days/weeks of Stage Four Lockdown. We can leave home for four reasons: to shop for necessities (only one member of the household though), to excercise (only with members of your household and only for up to two hours), for caregiving, and if you have the kind of job that still has to happen and can't be done from home (me). We have to wear masks.


A lot of people are unhappy about it. Personally, being a socially backward, people disliking, loner nerd, I find it delightful and am really concerned about what will happen when I have to actually relate to people in a meaningful way again. But, like you, like everyone, I don't know if it will have made a difference. Will life ever be normal again? I can't see that it will. I'm reading a murder series that was written in the 90s and the protagonists smoke in their offices and use pay phones when they need to make a call on the move. Will we look back at crowded places and physical contact with the same odd nostalgia?


We, the World, are in stasis. Balanced between risking so many deaths and the other saddening prices we pay for trying to stop them. Nobody, nobody, has an answer. I feel like I'm living in a Stephen King novel. I hope you are okay. I know many of us are not. I have no words to help; this is only my own lived experience. I am blessed to be hardly affected: I have a job, I have not lost anyone, I am healthy. My heart breaks for those who can't say the same. I'm not a praying, believing person, but sometimes I wonder if maybe I'm wrong because I look at the world and I feel like I can see the Four Horses.


Is one of the horses, by any chance, called 'Can't Get A Hair Cut'?


About the clothing: The only other thing I have managed to do during my time at home is go, systematically, through my wardrobe and assess whether each item #sparksjoyquestionmark. When I got dressed today it was to see if these shoes spark joy. Duh! Of course! They're my next pair of everyday Docs. Love 'em. Loved them since I was a teeny tiny teenager. Not this particular pair, but you know what I mean. So these are definitely staying. Only bad thing, as my current pair of everyday Docs slowly disintegrates from pure unadulterated love, is that it's that time, once every decade or so I'd say, where I have to break in a new pair. And Man! I am not looking forward to that pain. Dr Marten, Sir, is there any chance in the Universe you could look at a size 4.5 and save me weeks of ache. Asking for a friend?

The Outfit
Boiler Suit: Op-shopped
Dress: Op-shopped
Belt: ASOS
Shoes: Doc Martens


Photographs shot by Moi

Comments

Popular Posts