Day 251: Meta-Blogging

Whoo hoo! for people like Neely and Ashley over at A Complete Waste of Makeup and Ashley Lately, respectively, who give me a guideline for waffling. I'm joining in (a little late) with this week's Sunday Social again. This week it is about all things bloggy.

Q: What is the name of your blog?

A: Fur Earwig! I wanted a foreign word meaning 'always' or 'forever' for the new blog I started at the beginning of this year for my yearly project (Irene, my mannequin friend, and I wear the same outfit each day for a year and you vote Who Wore It Better?). I wanted, when this years project was done (can it ever be done now?) to continue with the same blog instead of starting new ones every year—like my list blog, or my knitting and philosophising blog, or my walking across the UK blog. One German expression for forever is 'für evig'. Do you see what happened? Yeah, I got silly. I tell you what though, you put 'fur' and 'earwig' into Google and guess what comes up first. I am not sure who would put 'fur' and 'earwig' together in a Google search but ... Doesn't bare contemplating.


Q: What do you love most about blogging?

A: Making my brain work and keeping it occupied. You all know how much time a blog takes up—especially if you are doing daily posts (eek, don't remind me I am behind, it's killing me!). I like that I have to think about things to write, things to wear, and excercise my creativity every day. I like that I do that as well as reading lots and lots of other blogs everyday. The former keeps my brain strong, the latter keeps it busy and on this side of the sanity line (for most of the time).


Q: Why did you start blogging?

A: I thought people would be interested in the mundane things I get up to. Only kidding. I can't really remember, but I would imagine, given my list loving nature, that it was more to do with cataloguing than with audience. Although audience does become a little addictive.

Irene               List_Addict

Q: What is something you’d want to tell someone just starting out in the blog world?

A: Given my last answer, this seems like a strange piece of advice, but, I would say know why you are blogging. Not in the sense of 'because I want to show the world how fabulously I dress' or 'because there are things that need to be said by me' or 'because I want to archive the lives of my children', but rather in the sense of 'for fun' or 'for profit'. They'll each take a different feel onto them and require a different amount of chutzpah. It amazes me that people can go 'full-time' on a blog, but I know they have what I don't, which is a willingness to put themselves out there in a cold-calling kind of way to get sponsors and followers and blog-related work. That is all okay unless you think you can have one without the other. That will just make you feel bad. Don't feel pressured—it is okay just to do it for fun!


Q: Biggest blogging learning experience you’ve had?

A: How much Google can do. I'm not giving the 'right' answers about friendship and love, am I? It's because I am socially inept. I'm also not that computer savvy. But now I know that if I want to find out how to do anything (which usually involves HTML script) all I have to do is Google it and someone, somewhere has worked it out. Genius. Google, as the Black Eyed Peas say, is my professor!


Q: What are three blogs you love?

A: Oh, this is like winning an Oscar (because I know what that feels like?). I'm doomed to leave out precious daily indulgences and blog-loved friends. So I am going to randomly pick three of the newer followings I have made and am just learning all about. I'm not going to say why I like them; I just do. But I love you Everybody Else:


The Outfit
Top (Tag-out): Op-shopped
Skirt (Tag-in): Op-shopped
Belt: Primark
Necklace as headband: Cheap and Cheerful Jewellery Store Somewhere
Shoes: Irregular Choice 'French Villa'


Photographer de Jour: Moi


Who wore it better?

Sharing the love with:

I Feel Pretty
'I feel pretty/self controlled'




Lena B, Actually


Comments

  1. I just love your adorable dress! So vibrant and eye catching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning Photograph, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from 235. That is a great outfit on you and I have to say I am loving those SHOES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming over. Don't know if I said at the time, but really loved your 'Kool Weather Wear' post the other day.

      Delete
  4. I love this outfit. I thought at first it was a dress.
    Now the mystery of Fur Earwig is cleared up. (laugh)
    Blogging for fun, I'm all for it.
    Great to catch up here!
    AND, thanks for introducing me to Kazz The Spazz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That´s why I don´t blog everyday because my life´s so boring that I always ran out of ideas to write everday. lol

    That´s a lovely outfit you´re wearing. At first I thought it was a whole dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, you have to dig into some weird places for ideas. Which can be interesting ... or just a little scary. Thanks for coming over!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!

Popular Posts