Day 252: Ichabod Crane

Time to get serious. I need the discipline of the daily in order to make sure that I get the blog done. Being behind means it is too easy to skip days on the theory that I have to catch up anyway so one more day doesn't matter and before I know it, it's two days and then four and so on, until I am here at seventeen days. It's time to stop talking. So much.

List_Addict               Irene

They just premiered Sleepy Hollow on local TV here. Amazing cinematography. It is like there is a higher standard of the visual that prevails at the moment. You see it on blogs and Instagram and Pinterest. A snapshot is not near suitable a presentation of the personal, and so the professionals seem to have stepped it up even further. Images have to be perfect, imaginative and beautiful. The four white trees sequence; the bit where the passing vehicle flips the screen. I can't quite explain why I find the imagery alluring, but I do know that I am not a fan of the Headless Horseman. He is, unfortunately, rather essential to the story. In all this loveliness, despite its brutality, he seems like a bad special effect. Like the ones in the original TV version of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy—remember that? Zaphod Beeblebrox's second head? Bad. And 'Ichabod Crane' besides being awfully cute in person (now, and in the form of Johnny Depp), is a great name to roll around your mouth. It's verbally tactile. I'll keep watching for now—until Elementary and Hannibal come back at least.


The Outfit
Coat (Tag-in): Op-shopped
Skirt (as dress; Tag-out): Op-shopped
Necklace: Bead Shop at Highpoint
Shoes: Irregular Choice 'Hawk Eye'


Photographer de Jour: Moi


Who wore it better?

Getting linky today with:

Join us! Click the Spotlight




Comments

  1. I think I'll give it a look, then. But I wish Johnny were in it : > Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you're saying about the cinematography. We really have entered a new era of film and television. Sometimes I wonder what they'll think of next. I just watched Some Like It Hot, black and white, and completely entertaining. I was a little relieved. My imagination filled in the blanks quite suitably.

    I absolutely love your outfit. The silhouette of the dress, and the shoes! Both top marks with me.

    I'd come by more often....but, embarrassingly, I have a real thing about earwigs. Ugh, had a bit of a bad experience with them. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! I am so sorry - I hope it doesn't freak you out of I commect on your site. If it helps there are no actual earwigs here, it's a language play on the german word for 'forever'. Eek.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!

Popular Posts