Wear 56: Necessity Sires Invention

I have pulled something in my neck. There are a couple of ways I may have done this. It may be the rather silly posing. Maybe it is cold air-conditioner borrowed from the V—— over the last couple of nights blowing onto an exposed sleeping neck. It could be the rapid double-take I am prone to make when someone says something silly—and I am way surrounded by silly! It may be a super-cell stress storm in my neck. It could be old age. Perhaps it is paranoid over-the-shoulder checking after watching horror movies over the weekend. And then there is also the possibility it was avoiding sandflies on Saturday after the last sandfly incident in which I nearly lost an arm. Okay, that may be an exaggeration. Whatever the cause, it has me shattered and as a result I am unable to write a single word here. At all. And instead must leave you with day two of the LBD in photos only, and go to my lovely, waiting, fluff-cloud of a bed.

Irene               List_Addict

Before I do. I have my black dress week planned for the most part, but some dresses are more skirts worn high than dresses per se. This is a little black skress. It works okay. Unless you walk or raise your arm too high. But then again, I am walking nowhere in those shoes. They were one of my more spur-of-the-moment, impulse buys (what!) and I didn't realise they were quite so chunky. But the peacock feathers do tend to detract the eye a little from their clumpiness. A little? Don't you think? Sweet dreams bloggers and blogees. I am so excited I won't be able to sleep for the pure joy of the idea of sleeping.


The Outfit
Skress: Hand-me-down black skirt worn as an asymetrical off-the-shoulder dress
Tights: Retail
Earrings: Cheap and cheerful jewellery store somewhere
Shoes: Irregular Choice 'Best of All'
Photographer de Jour: Me (no exclamation mark even though I feel exclaimed by the daunting act of self-photographing myself)



Who wore it better?

Getting linky today with:
Thrifters Anonymous

and
Join us! Click the Spotlight

and
stillbeingmolly

Comments

  1. The peacock feathers! So fab. Thanks for sharing you look with Visible Monday, and hope your neck is better right away. It's not old age, it's not old age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am repeating that mantra - it's not old age, it's not old age! Thanks so much for visiting.

      Delete
  2. What a fun outfit! Found you through thrifters anonymous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over. I don't like it when people ask me 'what's new?' or 'what you been up to?' Nothing!! I think life sometimes just seems boring but is actually normal. We just compare it to other people - your friday night sounds perfectly fine to me!

      Delete
  3. I never thought that a skirt could double as a non-sleeveless dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Babe.

    Sorry to hear you are still hurting in the neck.

    Wanted to comment of the description of you sunday night BBQ. You made it sound awesome! Wish I was there. BTW your nephews are super gorgeous and all reports suggest they adore you.

    Much mushy stuff - dxx

    btw - how much nurofen did you take that night? Found an empty packet next morn and fear set in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry matey - I have to sob in the V for the rest of the nitrogen. Thanks again for the fabulous night!

      Delete
  5. Another Stunningly Sexy Photo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!

Popular Posts