Day 81: Breaking the Flight, KL

Well that was a rude awakening, chocka-block full economy class cabin. Eeouuw. I want to be in business class from now on. It's not about the status or the lounge. It is just about the better amount of personal space between me and the next sniffing, sweating, grunting, smelling human being. When I was an agent I was selling a business class ticket to a business man via his P.A. We were discussing, out of jealousy-based spite, the per hour cost of flying business class. Me: 'That is four hundred dollars an hour to fly to Singapore'. She:'Oh, when you say it like that, I suppose that is what he earns an hour'. Maybe all flights should be charged at the rate you earn per hour. It might make for a fabulously priced airfare for me but I would still have to get a much better job to get into business class.


The question you ask as each holiday draws to an end, Well one of them, (and not the ones that start with 'where did I leave my ...?), is 'if you had to do it all again would you do it the same'? It was always going to be a mad running around type of holiday. There is so much to see. You can go the policy of seeing a smaller amount well, or you can do what we did and top-to-tail the sixteen hundred and fifty kilometres of country in as many stops as you can fit into two weeks. In hindsight the only disadvantage was the unestimatable time spent travelling from one place to another. When you book a flight, say from Hanoi to Da Nang (because they told you Hue airport was closed and it wasn't), you see the one hour schedule and think it will be quick. You forget about the lee-way the transfer gives to getting you to the airport, the check-in time, the delays, the collecting of luggage, the three hour transfer to Hue. The travelling days become whole days. They were kind of exciting in themselves—especially given the hair-raising driving involved. Fewer places would have given us more days, but I can't bring myself to regret a minute. Thanks Vietnam!


Irene's Outfit
Jim-jams: Barkins


List_Addict's Outfit and Distractions
Bathrobe: Room 2112, Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Photos (from left): Petronas Towers at night and from the front of our hotel; one of my favourite kinds of palms, the ones with the red trunks; Me in the window of Room 2112; berries with the Petronas Towers in the background (we didn't really do a lot on our little break in the flight)


Photographer de Jour: V——


Who wore it better?

Comments

  1. A whirlwind tour, is that what you would call it? But it sounds like so much fun! (except for the not-feeling-well part). Glad you could share these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back!

    look out irene the competition has return.

    love ya
    dxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!

Popular Posts