Wear 1: Dropped My Shopping.

Day One of three hundred and sixty-five pictures of Irene (left) and I (right) on the internet. We're using it as a way to develop or realise a fashion style, and as a friendly competition as to who wore it better? Like every journey or quest, this year's project will teach me a little, make me think a bit and lend me some laughs and enjoyment. I hope also to slowly make sure everything in my clothes closet and my shoe closet is utilised: even perhaps the bags and boxes of outrageous, or not, op-shopped (thrifted) items secreted in cupboards and under beds. Other hopes: fewer words (believe it or not), more pictures and time to catch up on unfinished blogs from the last three years!



I had my outfit planned, but as I dressed this morning for work, I, well, chickened out. I lost the cape and replaced it with a black cardigan. I thought my work colleagues would think I looked strange and slightly overdressed. Lesson One: I am not brave in person (posting a silly picture on the internet is different—more anonymous). Lesson Two: To 'drop your shopping' is an awesome euphemism for getting scared and some of the bodily functions that may occur if real fear strikes—fear that comes from being approached by an angry elephant on the Okavango Delta, or, from wearing clothes that stand out a little more than the average outfit. Here's to a year of getting braver!

The Outfit
Cape: op-shopped
Shirt: op-shopped sample
Skirt: Target with the lace torn off the bottom
Shoes: Irregular Choice 'Burlesque Beauty'
Earings: Diva; Bracelet: Black Tourmaline for luck


Who wore it better?

Comments

  1. In my very humble opinion it will be a hands down daily victory to List_addict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone who is as sweet as you in one's life is a heavily under-rated thing - Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!

Popular Posts