Wear 10: Then You Must Cut Down the Mightiest Tree in the Forest ... with a Herring!

There is an island in the middle of the broad, wide, muddy Yarra near Richmond. I didn't know. Not until my bestie (and co-iphonographer and other assorted role-keeper for this blog—all taken very seriously) signed up to be a voluntary curator of the Ceramics Victoria exhibition as part of the Herring Island Summer Arts Festival. The show is called Haven. You should go see. Selected dates from the twenty-third of March until the seventh of April. You can go in a boat. Or bring your own and row out. They don't recommend swimming. No-one does. It is the Yarra. Did I ever tell you about my dislike of the bottoms of rivers? It was a bad Rangers experience. But I digress. Mrwwrm mrrfg ma rrwfgs mfgrrs, and then msggdrt sdfd frrdwwea msrta pfreww. Wrrefs mnsj vfsr awrrsea nsmmslk ghphsfrw mns. Aswas mmnshgs sf sgttey nrwpfhf mmsa nm. And so she has to try to get some sponsorship. Oh. Oops. Looks like a hand came out and muffled my speech, effectively sensoring me as if I was saying something I oughtn't.

Irene               List_Addict

I thought, what with the power of the electronic written word and all, that I could just make a call out and see what we can do to help her. So if you are a company, or know a company, or have a company, and you would like to put some money towards prizes and awards for hard working, artistically amazing, heavily under-rated and overlooked ceramicists in exchange for street cred and exposure and, surely, your name on the brochures or programs or flyers, then let me know in the comments and I'll get my people to talk to their people, to get onto your people. And you'll probably get to go to the opening. On a boat, onto an island in the middle of a city. An island you possibly didn't even know was there. That would be cool!



The Outfit
Shirt: Howard Showers (one of few, perhaps only, designer items I own that aren't op-shopped; and how good is a 'how' repeater in a name! Like a 'ch' repeater?
Pants: I have no idea where they came from??
Necklace: Bought for a ball when I was a slave to the travel industry
Hat: Borrowed
Shoes: Irregular Choice 'Can Can' (inaugral pair in my now extensive collection)


Thanks to thinkexist.com and Monty Python for my Blog Title today :)

Who wore it better?

Comments

  1. Without a doubt your Sexiest Photo to date! I am sorry Irene but you run a distant second today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment doesn't have anything to do with being the iphonographer does it? Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!

Popular Posts